This course provides theory and self-knowledge to support learning and work based practices in environmentally sustainable work practices.
It is broken down into three parts:
1. Identify current resource use
– Workplace environmental and resource efficiency issues;
– What resources are used in your work place;
– Techniques to document and measure usage;
– Techniques to record and file findings ;and
– How to report findings to appropriate personnel.
2. Comply with environmental regulations
– Workplace Procedures to ensure compliance;
– Report breaches or potential breaches to appropriate personnel;
– Regulatory Agency;
– Australian Pollution Laws; and
– Duty of Care.
3. Seek opportunities to improve resource efficiency
– Global warming;
– Waste Management.;
– Organisational plans to improve environmental practices and resource efficiency; and
– Working together to identify possible areas for improvement.