This program applies to employers and employees working in an office/administrative type setting. It will provide basic information needed to recognise and report signs, symptoms, and risk factors associated with Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD’s).
It is designed to:
– Define the terms related to the study of ergonomics.
– Recognise the general requirements of the ‘Ergonomics Standard’.
– Recognise signs and symptoms of injury to the muscles and skeleton.
– Identify risk factors for injury to the muscles and skeleton and the importance of early
– Specify controls and work practices to reduce and/or eliminate risk factors for injury to the
muscles and skeleton.
– Specify how to report MSD signs, symptoms, and hazards in your job, and how employers are
required to address them.
It addresses the key components of an ‘ergonomics’ program and provides information to assist both employers and employees in minimising the risk of developing work-related MSD’s.